One summer day... where is my home?

 A few days in Jordan.  A sense of ease and yet a feeling of separation. Longing. Craving. How do I make sense of it? Dasha wrote something along the lines of  "Living with your heart scattered across the earth means every parting somewhere is a coming together somewhere else." I feel like everytime I say a goodbye to a place, I tuck away a version of myself into a hidden psyche, hoping that in a few months I will able to bring her back to life. She dies, however. She is gone. Forgotten. Tucked away into oblivion. For every time I visit a place, a people, a collective consciousness, she is touched, becoming unpure. Out in the open. Wilderness. Me. Taken away and battered, challenged, questioned.

A few days in Amman. I have been taking care of myself. For the past few days, things have been hectic. Reuniting with your family is never a bad thing, especially when it means that I get to rejoice in the rich aroma of home cooked food. I'm learning. Thriving. Growing.  I believe that the summer holds great things for me... 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday April 5th, 2020

Wednesday July 21st, 2021